Electrical & Electronics Engineering
B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The power-packed Electrical and Electronics Engineering department at Sagar Institute Bhopal inspires the budding electrical engineers with the potent idea of constructing Generating Stations, Transmission Lines, and Distribution Systems and designing, testing, and supervising the manufacture of Electrical and Electronic pieces of equipment used in electrical utilities, buildings, automobiles, air-crafts, radar, navigation system, and broadcast and communication systems.
The course helps budding engineers diversify into various fields like multimedia programmer, technical sales engineer, and project manager. The Electrical and Electronics Engineering program at Sagar Institute aims to become a front-runner in bringing out globally competent electrical and electronics engineers, innovators, researchers, and entrepreneurs and thereby contribute value to the knowledge-based economy and society. The branch offers opportunities in core sectors both public and private such as NTPC Limited, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Steel Authority of India (SAIL), Coal India Ltd, CG Power & Industrial Solutions, HEG Ltd., Larsen & Toubro (L&T), Enercon, Ircon, Eicher and many more.
The department offers quality undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech) programs in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with state-of-the-art resources that contribute to achieving excellence in teaching-learning, research, and development activities. The figurative gap between industry and academia is bridged by framing curricula and syllabi based on industrial and societal needs, thus core subjects like Electrical Machines / Power System / Switchgear Protection / Power Electronics / Extra High Voltage Engineering / Electrical drives are given more weightage by providing extra theory & practical lectures.
The department provides suitable forums to enhance the creative talents of students and faculty members with expert sessions conducted during semesters on recent electrical emerging trends by highly experienced industry professionals. The EX department aims to enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
|Program||Intake (SISTec)||Intake (SISTec-R)||Intake (SISTec-E)||Total Number of Seats|
Skill Based Training Modules
- AC to DC converters
- Arduino & Embedded Systems
- Circuit Theorems
- Electrical Circuits
- Electrical Connections & Wiring
- Relays & Sensors
- 2-KW Solar Power Plant
- Control System Lab
- Electric Vehicle Lab
- Electrical Instrumentation Lab
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Network Analysis Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Power System Protection Lab
- 2 students from the 2022 Batch qualified GATE
- Dr. Murli Manohar received the Certificate of Reviewing by Elsevier Journals Measurement and Sustainable Energy, Grids & Networks
- Dr. Murli Manohar received the Certificate of Reviewing in International Conference on “Sustainable Technology and Advanced Computing in Electrical Engineering”
- Dr. Murli Manohar, Ranked among the top 2% of the World Scientist 2021 by Stanford University
- Establishment of Student Technical Association - T.A.E.S
- Prof. Krishnav Bhatia received Patent "Surge Protection Earthing Grid"
- Prof. Leena Daniel received the Best Paper Award for the research paper titled “Economic Load Dispatch in Power System by Using Elephant Herding Optimization Technique"
- Prof. Pratima Gangwar received Patent "Electric Corn Roaster"
|Mr. Abhishek Kumar||NIT Jamshedpur||Pursuing M.Tech|
|Mr. Chandan Kumar||DFCCIL||Executive Engineer|
|Mr. Hariom Saran||DSM Online||Founder|
|Mr. Sonu Singh||GSITS||Pursuing M.Tech|
Branch Toppers (Dec - 2021)
|0187EX211002||Aditya Rai||1st Sem (9.67 SGPA)|
|0187EX201004||Akhilesh Choudhary||3rd Sem (10.00 SGPA)|
|0187EX201039||Ritesh Kachne||3rd Sem (10.00 SGPA)|
|0187EX191010||Divyanshu Jatav||5th Sem (9.33 SGPA)|
|0187EX181039||Suraj Kumar Jha||7th Sem (10.00 SGPA)|