Mechanical Engineering — one of the oldest and broadest of engineering streams considered to be “royal” by many. The engineering discipline combines the physics and principles of engineering and mathematics to design, fabricate, analyse and maintain various mechanical systems. The engineering field is particularly concerned with forces and motion.
During the 18th century, the development of steam engines gave a great boost to the Industrial Revolution and to the mechanical engineering field leading to development of various types of machineries.
The field of mechanical engineering has evolved greatly from just design and fabrication of equipment to research, analysis, need-demand, production and maintenance of mechanical marvels. With this rapid change the need for efficient and skilled mechanical engineers are also in demand.
This is where Sagar Group of Institutions come to the rescue. With a great mechanical engineering department that has been with the engineering college since its inception is a great provider of skilled and competent mechanical engineers.
The department of mechanical engineering at SISTec is a perfect blend of academic and industrial research. Budding technocrats initiate their journey in engineering education with custom designed industry oriented training modules under the supervision of highly educated and experienced faculty members from rich academic and industrial backgrounds.
To know more about the faculties of the department visit: Faculties at SISTec
The department offers undergraduate (BTech) and postgraduate (MTech) programs in the mechanical engineering stream affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV). The sole objective of the department is to inculcate the professional and engineering skills to the students as per the current industrial requirements and to impart technical education at par level.
Certain highlights of the department are:
- Teaching + Training Modules: Semester long various industry oriented, skill based training modules on H.V.A.C (Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), Virtual Modelling (AutoCAD, Solid Works, Ansys), Manufacturing Technology (fabrication of various parts of machinery) and Automobile and IC Engines’ are provided.
- Placements: The placements offered are way better as compared to other engineering colleges in Madhya Pradesh MP. The training and placement cell work tirelessly to provide great opportunities for the budding mechanical engineers being one of the best placement engineering colleges in MP Bhopal. CNC, CAM, CAE, U-G, CATIA, AutoCAD, ANSYS, Scada & AC Drivers are some of the customized training provided to students prior to the recruitment process as per company requirements under corporate readiness program. Air Control & Chemical Engineering Company Limited (ACCEL), Hyperfiltration, Adani, Asahi India Glass, Garima Global, Amazon, Spatez Technologies, Infosys, Triveni Turbines and many more reputed companies have held their campus drives for the mechanical engineering aspirants.
Checkout or placement page to know in-depth placement statistics: Placements at SISTec
- Industrial Visits: To make students aware about practical application of engineering principles, the department organizes industrial visits, which helps to develop the imagination and innovation power in students, so that they get a feel of whatever it is that they are learning, how it is going to be applied. L. M. Bakers Pvt Ltd, Sanchi Milk Processing Pvt Ltd, Sagar Nutriments Pvt. Ltd. and Tawa Hydro Electric Power plant are some of the places the department of mechanical engineering have organised their field visits.
- Events and Activities: The department has organised many events of state and national levels. NIRMAAN is a prestigious annual national level event, in which working models from various colleges and universities are presented. NIRMAAN 2020 was organised on the theme of Electric Vehicle Startup Conclave where participants presented various presentations/models on electric vehicles. The department was also the host for the regional level of SRIJAN 2020 – Mechanical Innovative Model Competition, wherein various mechanical engineering working models were presented. The department also organised a National Level Conference on “Recent Advances in Manufacturing, Automobile and Thermal Engineering”
To know about other events and activities of the engineering college visit: Events at SISTec
- Achievements: Two models from the department “Hot Air Generator Model” and “Design and Fabrication of Refrigerator cum AC cum Heater” were selected for “National Convention” of AICTE Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards 2019. Faiz Khan a final year student has won Frugal Innovation Award by World Auto Forum for his project which makes fuel out of waste.
For detailed information about the Department of Mechanical Engineering @ Gandhi Nagar and Ratibad Campus
About SISTec: Sagar Institute of Science & Technology (SISTec) is a premier engineering college with top of the line facilities and infrastructure which makes it one of the best engineering colleges in mp. The teaching methodology here is unparalleled, it is so unique that no other engineering institute of Bhopal match it.
For further details about the institute visit us @ https://sistec.ac.in/
Connect us with on:
Facebook: Sagar Group of Institutions SISTec
Instagram: Sagar Group of Institutions – SISTec | Sagar College
Twitter: SISTec-Sagar Group of Institutions
Sagar Group of Institutions | SISTec | Sagar College | Sagar Institute |
Best Engineering Colleges In Bhopal MP | Top Engineering Colleges In Bhopal MP |
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in Bhopal MP | Private Engineering Colleges In Bhopal MP |